CFA is throwing its second annual Media Mixer benefit at the most popular watering hole in town – the Hideout! Hosted by WBEZ’s Alison Cuddy, this party opens with music critic extraordinaire, Peter Margasak spinning the tunes and blasts its way through to the midnight hour with “musician, misfit, culture warrior and bullshitter,” BOBBY CONN & Monica Boubou! But at the heart of this fabulously fun Media Mixer is the PREMIERE of 3 video collaborations made entirely with footage from CFA. Here’s the formula:
- CFA footage x 3 filmmakers x 3 audio artists
- Shake them up
- Throw 3 magical sight and sound creations up on the screen
And here’s who we’ve got:
(more on this year’s artists here)
There will be plenty of music, dance and great raffle prizes!!
We recommend purchasing your tickets in advance here.
Raffle Prizes (tickets for only $5!) include:
- $800 worth of CFA stock footage
- Two 3 day passes to the Pitchfork Music Fest
- $100 gift certificate to Dusty Groove
- a life-time subscription to Roctober
- 2 tickets to BOOK OF MORMON on July 19
- 2 tickets to the A.V. Fest/Hideout Block Party on September 6 & 7
- 2 tickets to NPR’s “Wait Wait, Don’t Tell Me”
- a one-year dual membership to the Gene Siskel Film Center
- A private shopping party at Dovetail Vintage ($250 value)
All proceeds from the CFA MEDIA MIXER go to benefit the Chicago Film Archives and their efforts to identify, preserve and provide access to the Midwest’s audio-visual heritage. CFA MEDIA MIXER gives CFA fans a chance to support the efforts of both CFA and local artists at the same time!
To get a taste of what might be in store, check out last year’s CFA MEDIA MIXER video collaborations here.
Music Box Films, The BRMC Group, Pentimenti Productions